IT Recruiting-How Recruiters Find You Online

One of our local recruiters, will appear on Channel 7 on Friday, May 3rd to talk about how to F.I.S.H. for your next job. This acronym is an easy way to remember how to find your perfect job, without spending hours online. F.I.S.H stands for:

Find yourself using Google

Invest in your Online Profiles

Share your expertise online

House – as in get out of the house – Less than 20% of jobs are found through online job boards, so don’t spend more than 20% of your time on that method.  The other 80% should be spent networking and in direct contact with hiring managers. Read more IT Recruiting-How Recruiters Find You Online

Recruiting Realities – Myths about Recruiters

If you’re in the market for a new job, the whole process can be quite daunting. A friend of mine, who was part of the massive lay-offs in 2009 and has a penchant for the dramatics, once quipped that looking for a new job is like a mystical journey into the unknown. There is no roadmap, often only cryptic messages from prospective employers or dead ends.

If you’re like my good friend who sees this as an insurmountable task, then you need someone to guide you. Read more Recruiting Realities – Myths about Recruiters

How to Change LinkedIn Privacy Settings

If you are wondering how to change your Linkedin privacy settings, you came to the right place.  I’ll show you some settings that are very cool and necessary for linkedin that you may not be aware of.  If you follow this tutorial you will learn how to set your LinkedIn privacy settings the way that puts you in control.